Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bottle Cap Magnets Tutorial

I got some bottle top magnets for Christmas a few years ago that I really liked.  I'm not sure why it took me this long to do it myself but I finally did.  Here's how I did it.

Supplies: 
Bottle Tops
Magnets
E9000
Cardboard
Patterned Paper
Glue Dots 
Mod Podge Dimensional Magic

I used some cardboard to make a stencil for the inside of the bottle cap,
 then used that to cut out more cardboard and patterned paper pieces.   Make one cardboard piece and one patterned paper cutout for each bottle cap you have.
 I used two glue dots stacked on top of each other in the center of the inside of the bottle cap and then pressed the cardboard on top of that.
 I put another glue dot in the center of the cardboard.
 Then pressed the patterned paper at the top of that. 
Coat the top of the patterned paper with a layer of Mod Podge's Dimensional Magic.  I did about an 1/8 of inch layer, let it dry for 3 hours and then because I wanted to make the bottle cap look more full, I did another layer.  Make sure to get rid of any bubbles, a tooth pick or safety pin is a good way to poke them out.  If you wanted you could also just stack up more cardboard paper and use less Dimensional Magic.  
 After it totally dries, I used E9000 glue to attach the magnet.
Voila, it's complete.  These are  really quick (minus the waiting time), easy, and cheap to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment