Do you have books that you would like to keep around but are in bad shape or would you just like some books for decorative accents? Then let me show you how you can recover a book for "$1.50 and Under". For me, this project is pretty much free because I have all the supplies on hand!
- fabric (I used an old table cloth)
- Spray Adhesive
- a book
- Duct Tape (if your using a book that needs repair)
1. First use duct tape to re-enforce any weak areas in the books cover.
2. Now open your book up, lay it down flat, and cut out your fabric to have about a 2 inch overhang on each side.
3. Turn your book, opened with the pages down, and spray your adhesive on the cover. Now lay your fabric down over the cover and smooth it out. Close the book and begin to smooth the fabric out along the spine and then the backside of the book. Make sure to push the fabric down into the seems of the book's cover.
4. Now cut a straight cut on the overhang on the side of the spine (the top and bottom of the book). Please refer to picture. Now spray a small amount of adhesive on the fabric tabs you just cut and push them into the inside of the spine's cover.
5. Next open the book and spray the adhesive on the instead of the fabric's overhang on the inside of the cover. Fold the top and bottom fabric pieces down and then the side piece. Then fold the corners in (use a little more adhesive if needed) and push them down flat, like in the photo.
6. Finally, to cover the raw edges of the fabric you can do one of two things. You can cut a piece of cardstock (the same size as your pages)
Here's the finished project! Cute right!