I read this great tutorial over at Trey and Lucy for making Scrabble Tile Pendants. I've change it up a little bit to keep the price down and make the process shorter so my UCCC MOPS group can make them in a meeting. So here's my tutorial (but please check out Trey and Lucy's too, she did a great job)
- Scrabble Piece (or in my case I used a scrabble piece knock-off given to me from a friend :).)
- Mod Podge (orange bottle with sealer)
- Applicator for the glue
- Scrapbook paper (look for something with a smaller pattern)
- X-acto Knife
- Super Glue
- Pendant bail
1. The first step is to decide what part of your scrapbook paper you would like on your pendant and then apply a layer of Mod Podge on the back of the paper and a layer onto the pendant (I used the side with the letter but if you are using a real scrabble piece you may want to use the blank side),now put the glued sides together.
2. Now get out your X-acto knife and cut around the tile piece and sand off the rough edges around the sides of the tile.
3. Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the front side of your tile. Next, I added my initial (you may choose to skip this step) and apply another two layer of Mod Podge in a criss-cross pattern.
4. Now for the last step, take your bail pendant (I used a Y-bail pendant) and super glue it to the top backside of the tile.
Special Touch: I like to try to do something with meaning for my mops crafts and so on the back I'm going to have the moms write a word or two that inspires them in there mothering (with a sharpie).